Monaco – The investiture ceremony of new Constantinian Knights and Dames of the Monaco Delegation was held in the Cathedral of Monaco on Tuesday, October 10, 2017. The Monaco Delegation was recognized as an Association in 1999 by H.R.H. Prince Rainier III of Monaco.
The ceremony was presided by H.M.R.E. Mons. Bernard Barsi, Archbishop of Monaco and Prior of the Delegation. Numerous illustrious guests participated in the ceremony, including Secretary of State H.E. Jacques Boisson as well as many civilian authorities.
H.R.H. Prince Charles of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro and Grand Master, was accompanied by his spouse, Princess Camilla, Duchess of Castro and his daughters, Princess Maria Carolina, Duchess of Calabria and Palermo and Princess Maria Chiara, Duchess of Noto and Capri.
The Grand Master, together with the President of the Monegasque Association of Constantinian Knights, Mr. Inigo Lopez de la Osa, presented diplomas and decorations to the following members:
- H.R.H. Princess Severine Sanguszko – Dame of Justice
- Countess Patricia Sambuy – Dame of Justice
- H.E. Mrs. Marine de Carné-Trécesson, Monaco’s Ambassador to France – Dame of Merit with Star
- Mrs. Simone Pastor – Dame of Merit with Star
- Mrs. Isabelle Bonnal – Dame of Merit with Star
- H.E. Mr. Cristiano GALLO, Monaco’s Ambassador to Italy – Knight of Merit with Star
- Mr. Paul Marie JACQUES – Knight of Merit
- Mrs. Maria Caterina LAI – Dame of Office
At the conclusion of the ceremony the Delegate described to all present the different activities that will be undertaken over the following months by the Delegation. These include providing support to the Associations “Anges Gardiens de Monaco” and the “Légion de Marie”, and to the future diocesan house. He then spoke of the various donations made by the Delegation since it was first established up to the present and that have always seen the Royal Family in the forefront.