Her Royal Highness Princess Camilla of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duchess of Castro
Her Royal Highness Princess Camilla of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duchess of Castro, was born in Rome on 5 April 1971. The Duchess of Castro studied in New York, at the Marymount High School, and later at New York University. After living in Switzerland, Paris and Mexico, Her Royal Highness now principally lives between Rome, Monte Carlo and Paris. The Duchess is fluent in Italian, French, English, Spanish and Japanese.
The Duchess of Castro has always supported charity associations, including UNICEF and the Red Cross, and she is an active public figure, which promotes the arts, culture and sport of southern Italy.
Her Royal Highness plays a prominent role in the national and international activities of the dynastic orders of the Royal House of Bourbon Two Sicilies especially those that relate to charitable and humanitarian assistance.
Among others, the Duchess of Castro has been awarded the following decorations:
Dame Grand Cross of Justice of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George.
Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Francis I.
- Dame Grand Cross of Honour and Devotion – Sovereign Military Order of Malta
- Dame Grand Cross of the Order of San Carlos – Republic of Colombia
- The Mother Teresa Order – Republic of Albania
- Dame Grand Cross with Silver Star of the Royal Order of Danilo I – Royal House of Montenegro
- Dame Grand Cross of the Most Devoted Royal Household Order – Kingdom of Tonga
- Freedom of the City of London (United Kingdom) October 2011
- Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Saint Isabel – Royal House of Bragança (Portugal)
- Dame Grand Cross (DGCN) of the Most Distinguished Order of the Nation – Antigua and Barbuda
- Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Saints Maurice and Lazarus (Royal House of Savoy) October 6th 2016